Watch Michelle Obamas eyebrows as she reveals that Melania Trump ignored her offer for advice
The complicated relationship between former First Lady Michelle Obama and current First Lady Melania Trump got another wrinkle on Monday.
Michelle Obama, during an interview with ABC to promote her upcoming memoir Becoming, talked about how Laura Bush had reached out to her before she became First Lady in 2008. Michelle extended the same offer to Melania after Donald Trump was elected, but when asked by Robin Roberts if Melania had accepted, Michelle replied only, "No, no she hasn't."Tweet may have been deleted (opens in a new tab)
Obama's little eyebrow raise at the end says all you need to know about the way the rest of that story goes.Via Giphy(opens in a new tab)
Of course, Michelle is remembered for the legendary side-eye she delivered at Trump's inauguration, and she admits in Becoming that, on that dreary day, "I made my own optic adjustment. I stopped even trying to smile."Tweet may have been deleted (opens in a new tab)
This pairs well with the other tidbit about the Trump-Obama beef that we already knew: That Michelle has understandably said she'd "never forgive" Donald Trump for his role in spreading and weaponizing his birther conspiracy theory against her husband.
The one remaining thing we need to learn is Michelle's thoughts on that time Melania straight-up plagiarized one of her speeches during the 2016 Republican National Convention. (And that was not even the only time Melania has ripped off an Obama production.)
This feud could really beat any beef that Drake is a part of.
Featured Video For You
Michelle Obama's final farewell: "Lead by example with hope, never fear"
- 2023-01-19Virtual reality training for car assembly line workers feels like a game — but it might work
- 2023-01-19Ennio Morricone says that trash-talking interview about Quentin Tarantino is fake
- 2023-01-1911 gift ideas for your friend who wants to focus on wellness in the New Year
- 2023-01-19Powerful Stan Lee column from 1968 about racism resurfaces on Twitter
- 2023-01-19Sean Bean predicts which Stark kid will survive on Game of Thrones